It’s NaBloPoMo, National Blog Posting Month. For the month of November, I’m going to post every day. This is day 27, and also Thanksgiving Day.
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a wonderful day and is enjoying that tired feeling that comes from eating large amounts of a meal unlike any others during the year. It’s one of my favorite holidays and this year didn’t disappoint. I enjoyed spending time with family, delicious food, and a warm fire to cozy up to afterwards.
It’s my first-ever white Thanksgiving thanks to a big snowstorm yesterday. It’s a winter wonderland out there. I hope wherever you are, you were able to spend the day catching up with family, friends and loved ones over delicious food and wine. I hope you’ve had a moment during the busy day to reflect on what is special about this holiday to you, and what you’re thankful for.
I thought I’d share a few things I’m thankful for.
- an awesome husband and family
- Walter the wonder dog
- being able to explore the world and witness both the good and bad
- access to a wide variety of food and resources
- the amount of knowledge, thoughts and information readily available
- interactions with and connections to strangers fostered by the amazing thing known as the internet
I know many of you kick off the holiday shopping season tomorrow. We’ll be enjoying leftovers and visiting with more family. I’ll be back later with some ideas on homemade gifts, as they’re my favorite kind both to give and to get!